Favorite Achron Music

Discussion about Achron.

What is your favorite Achron song released so far?

All Is Lost
4%
CESO
4%
End of All Things
8%
Frozen Over
15%
PnC
15%
The Ancient One
15%
We Are Vecgir
31%
We Will Be One
8%

Total votes : 26

Favorite Achron Music

Postby Hazard » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:24 am

More music will be coming with the full release, including (but not only) "Listen", "Anthem For The Lost", "Catalyst", and "With Or Without The Stranger". This poll is just for the music that is currently released.

I'd also like to add that Shawn really got the music perfect in Achron in terms of the story aspect/character/location/events that each song was written for. The music has a lot of subtle references to things in the story and the other songs as well (as appropriate).
Hazard
President, Hazardous Software Inc.

Re: Favorite Achron Music

Postby IphStich » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:34 am

It's really hard to say, they are all such awesome songs and work so well for Achron. It's really hard to single a song out.

I voted for WeAreVecgir, it wins by a very small margin.

Shawn does an excellent job.
IphStich wrote:two natural waves going at 40 s/s
Dr Hazard wrote:Jairo jumping beans! Those are fast time waves!
IphStich

Postby xtanha1rrmx » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:47 am

I agree that all of them really suit the game well. I voted for Frozen Over in the end, it just appeals to me the most.
However, I must add that I am not familiar with some of them because I haven't heard them much (e.g. PnC and End of All Things).
He is the same yesterday and today and forever
xtanha1rrmx

Postby Kron » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:27 am

Open your Achron/music folder and play them then!

I'm having trouble deciding on my favorite song. ;_;
My favorites are All Is Lost, The Ancient One and CESO.
Time travel in the classic sense has no place in rational theory, but temporal distortion does exist on the quantum level, and more importantly it can be controlled.
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "For I Have Tasted the Fruit"

Kron

Postby trillioneyes » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:14 am

I like CESO and Frozen Over. I can't really decide which one I like more, so I'll just vote CESO. That is the only one I've completely memorized.
(Really close runners-up: We Are Vecgir, The Ancient One, End of All Things. That's right, five out of seven.)
Kron wrote:Oookay, that's kinda creepy. Now I must resolve cognitive dissonance between "TRAYA! RUN AWAY!" and "Trillioneyes! <3".
trillioneyes

Postby GoogleFrog » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:07 am

The distribution of votes is interesting, it seems to follow the distribution of maps with that music piece as background music. My question is what is the cause and what is the effect? Did the map creators choose the best music for their maps or do people like the music they are familiar with? It is hard to judge because listening to music is not the same as listening to music while playing a game, music changes depending on how much attention you are paying to it.

Anyway I like all the pieces. If I had a to choose a worst it would be AllIsLost for being too slow and lacking in consistent tune.
GoogleFrog

Postby Kron » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:40 am

I just voted for All Is Lost. It was the first song I heard, and it was the one that really set the mood that the rest of the album elaborated upon.
Time travel in the classic sense has no place in rational theory, but temporal distortion does exist on the quantum level, and more importantly it can be controlled.
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "For I Have Tasted the Fruit"

Kron

Postby KingJohnVI » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:17 am

We Are Vecgir has been my favorite since the first time I heard it. I have listened to it for other games as well, and it never gets old. A great song.
Last edited by KingJohnVI on Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KingJohnVI

Postby omegatron » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:28 am

We Are Vecgir is my favourite though they're all good, especially Frozen Over.
Stakhanov wrote: I believe thread necromancy is acceptable here , it's just a long range chronoport after all :P
Kron wrote: Stakhanov, that was awesome. <3
Decimae wrote: Would that make double posting chronocloning?
omegatron

Postby Shadowfury333 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:32 pm

It seems the distribution doesn't follow maps, otherwise CESO and The Ancient One would be leading neck and neck, with PnC bringing up third. I think the last map to use We Are Vecgir was from a while ago.
My complete map pack. Textures in the same package. Last Updated July 17th, 2012.

Check out Achron in action (with commentary) on YouTube.

Casting live from time to time on twitch.tv.
Shadowfury333

Next

Return to Achron General Discussion